The *STARS* of our show:

Shawn & Kelly

* Larynn * Logan * Brooklyn *


Saturday, September 11, 2010

WHAT A WEEK...to say the least (Pictures)

Well, now that we are back in the swing of things with school starting, things just bumped up a notch. This week marked the beginning of CCD class for the kids as well as the tumbling and jazz dance season. On Tuesday, Shawn returned to work after the holiday weekend and I ran into town to fill prescriptions for Larynn and Logan. Logan's filled just fine, but every pharmacy in town was out of Larynn's ADD meds. For the time being, she is sharing Logan's meds. They are a tad lower of a dose and a bit more expensive but luckily we only pay $12 since we met our deductible for the year. Next year will be another story. On Wednesday, I took the kids to CCD class. The cost is $80.00 to attend classes. I was so fed up because last year, I would ask the kids after class what they had done in class, and the answer always seemed to be "play outside on the jungle equipment." Shit, they can do that at home for FREE! I always learned about the bible, and prayers and various things like that when I was in CCD. I expect that for $80.00, my children are doing the same. So, after Wednesday's class, I asked the same question and after receiving the same "played outside" response, I called and took them out of CCD. I stopped at Bethel Baptist Church where I attend (and so very enjoy) my  mom2 mom group where I had heard of their children's AWANA group that meets every Wednesday night and went and signed them up for that. They start next week! On Thursday, I decided to tear our closet all apart and rebuild shelves and repaint the disaster. Shawn took the kids to tumbling practice for me so I could continue my rebuild and get all the painting done. Our bed was heaped with clothes so I am pretty confident he wanted me to stay home and get finished! Larynn has decided to take 2 tumbling classes and a jazz class this year. Last year she had only been in one tumbling class. Logan has joined this year. We started him this summer and has progressed very quickly! He loves tumbling and talking about dinosaurs while doing so. He minds really well, doesn't talk out of turn, sits and waits his turn does his best, so I think it is doing him alot of good. He will be in Jumpin' J's this year with Larynn as well. Jumpin' J's is the competitive tumbling team at Judy's Dance Studio. I figure Logan might as well join since we have to drag him along to all the meets anyway. He might as well bring home a trophy, too! He will do great. Larynn has moved up from being a Beginner to Advanced Beginner competition level. She is doing really well with tumbling too. At the end of the year review show last year, she got to see all the older girls flip up in the air with no hands, and wants to do the same. That is why she has decided to take double tumbling classes.
Friday I went to the church (Bethel Baptist) and helped a few of the ladies bake cookies for the retreat next weekend in the Quad Cities. I will (gladly) be joining them for this fun-filled weekend of conversation, food, fun and games. Most of all, TIME AWAY!! Brookie missed her afternoon nap as we didn't get done at the church until after 1:00. A few times, I turned around to find her wrapped around her ducks, laying on the kitchen floor! I have posted pics of her being scooped up and rocked by one of the other ladies who had volunteered. Mom was up to her elbows in cookie dough so I couldn't come to her rescue! She's so goofy. She did, however, enjoy taste testing the various kinds of goodies! Rice Krispie treats, scotcharoos, brownie bites, chocolate chip cookies, oatmeal raisin...just to name a FEW. I was surprised that she scarfed down the taco I gave her for lunch after the cookie buffet. She was ready for a nap after that. I ran into Menard's to get some trim to finish up my closet project and we headed home to lay her down. I was surprised she slept through all my hammering. She woke up shortly after the kids came charging through the door after school. I gave quick instructions on dinner, and listen to Shawn's story about his boss quitting that afternoon. Henry, the shop manager quit GE and accepted a position with BNSF in Alliance, Nebraska. Supposedly, they will be shipping out shortly, so that position will be open.
I then left to attend the Creative Escape at the Bethel Baptist Church. It was my first time attending. It is basically one night a month where a bunch of women sit around, eat, talk, and work on their favorite hobby that they never have time to do at home with the husband and kids around. After attending, and being the only one there with nothing to work on, I need to find a hobby! More than 80% of the women scrapbook. That is just not in the least bit appealing to me. I cannot sit on my ass that long and screw around with that shit. I printed off 67 pictures a couple of weeks ago to put in Brooklyn's baby book one night, and that just about killed me! I was so bored and frustrated out of my mind I wanted to hang myself. Almost. I keep searching for hobbies on the internet, but nothing is really pulling me in. Oh well. I have a month to figure something out. Maybe return to writing again?? We'll see. Today, the kids had Jumpin' J's practice this morning. We signed up for the Kewanee meet, occurring on October 23rd, the day after Brooklyn's 2nd birthday. The kids are really psyched about that. Looks to be another great year! National competition is in West Virginia this year, so we will get to TRAVEL! Score! Well, that is if the kids qualify. Let's hope! I could use a little change of pace. Never been to the East Coast before.

No comments: