The *STARS* of our show:

Shawn & Kelly

* Larynn * Logan * Brooklyn *


Thursday, November 10, 2011

Day 10

Thankful Challenge, Day 10: Today I am thankful for a healthy body; a full head of hair (unlike cancer patients, Lord be with them), eyes that see, a mouth that speaks, ears that hear (unless you ask my husband :), arms that hug, hands that hold, legs that run, and a body that supports. Last year on November 1st, I got the flu so bad that I couldn't drag myself out of bed for anything more than throwing up. Shawn stayed home from work for three days to take care of the kids and wait on me, hand and foot. I remember thinking of a speaker we had at my mom2mom group who is a cancer survivor and spoke about the constant vomiting, loss of hair, complete exhaustion all day every day for months on end. Even as I was feeling my worst, I thought of her, her story, and so many other survivors who have experienced the horror of cancer, just like she had. I thanked God...thanked God that my flu would pass in a short matter of time, and that the end was just around the corner (unlike that of a cancer patient who has no idea how long their pain and suffering will last, nor if they will even live to see it end). Thank God, again, for my healthy body.

No comments: