The *STARS* of our show:

Shawn & Kelly

* Larynn * Logan * Brooklyn *


Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The month of Shawn...

Yes, this month we celebrate the birth of my hubby, Shawn. The big 'ol 3-5 this year. These 30's birthday's really get me excited. I feel like we are still young and "hip" but not considered so "wet behind the ears" anymore. The 30's have been very good to us thus far. We are very blessed. For my hubby's birthday, I threw a surprise party for him (yes, another one, just like last year) only this time, we restricted the crowd to us "young" folk :). We had the shindig at a local bar/grill here in Topeka called Reed's. They have a philly cheesesteak pizza that Shawn and his buddy, Chris, could die for so I thought this venue would be the best fit. He could get his pizza, and eat it too :)
For a gift, the kids picked out for him a K-State concrete yard rock thingy to put in our landscaping by the front door with a Power Cat on it. We also put some of his other favorite things in his birthday bag, like Dr. Pepper, a fruit energy drink he really likes and some Kit Kat candy bars.
I did not take pics at the party. I forgot all about it. We were too busy chatting and laughing. About 16 of Shawn's friends came to celebrate with him. It was wonderful and he was so thankful. Again, I am the "best wife ever" (his words, not mine).
We also celebrated Valentine's Day, of course. We do not make a really big deal out of it. He buys me flowers ('cuz I love them), I buy him chocolates ('cuz he loves them) and we exchange cards...
As you can see, we managed to buy each other the same card! Out of the hundreds of cards, we both buy the same card for one another. We had a good chuckle over that and agreed that we were meant for each other. They read, "I will love you...'til I croak!" :)
Last but not least, this month Margot also performed in the talent show at school they call "Curtain Call." She sang an original song that she wrote (and she also sang in a large ensemble group). She did FABULOUS! We were so proud of her! The name of her song is "Guarded" and it is available for download on iTunes!!
 
CLICK THIS LINK: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/guarded-single/id591970736 to preview and purchase Margot's song for only $.99!
 
Here are some pics from the show...
And here is a video performance of her act...
CLICK THIS LINK TO VIEW: http://youtu.be/Uv0IOGYu79c
 

No comments: