The *STARS* of our show:

Shawn & Kelly

* Larynn * Logan * Brooklyn *


Saturday, September 4, 2010

Change of Plans

We had planned to attend a cookout tonight with some friends of mine from high school, but Brooklyn is sick today, so we had to rain check.
     Shawn is on weekend duty (working from home) so he had to be up at 6:00 this morning for conference calls. He was beat tonight! During the night, Brooklyn woke up at least twice, that I can remember so it was a long one for all three of us. I slept in until just before 9:00 as I had a splitting headache and even then could have probably used a couple more hours of sleep. Shawn brought me a few aspirin and after about 10 minutes it seemed to help me roll out of the sack.
     Breakfast was easy...a round of cereal and then the kids and I went through all of their winter and summer items to decide what we were keeping, donating and listing on eBay. Man, have these kids grown! Kids normally wear the same size clothing as their age, i.e., a 5 year old wears size 5, etc. Larynn is 10 and is in size 10/12. Her pants are 12 slims. McKayla needs size 6 slim jeans and size 6/7 clothing. Their waists are so small but they need the slim for added length because their legs are so long! Garrett tried on a new pair of pants that I just bought him in a size 8 and they are too tight around the waist. I am pretty sure he is going to be in husky sizes before long. He definitely isn't going to be "slim" like the other three. Lets just hope Brookie is as lucky as those three as well.
     After the kids played downstairs for a bit, Shawn sending out a boatload of emails and myself giving myself a much needed pedicure, we ate macaroni and cheese and ring bologna for lunch, followed by my homemade Strawberry Shortcake swirled with hot fudge. Lunch was a hit, to say the least. These kids are all such good eaters all of a sudden. In fact, Miss Piggy McKayla had no problem woofing down a piece of shortcake and helping herself to Larynn's portion sitting beside her!! This was after eating her meat and TWO servings of macaroni and cheese!!
     It was such a nice day here again. Nice cool breeze, just hitting the 70's. We are all LOVING this fall weather. Getting so tired of the sticky, muggy uncomfortable days. We went outside and cleaned the garage while the kids rode their bikes and went for a walk with Brookie in her stroller. The time outside seemed to do her some good (hopefully she will sleep through the night tonight!). I made a trip into town (while Shawn reorganized the garage to his liking) to pick up some groceries to last the next two weeks until the next paycheck. When I returned, Shawn cooked hamburgers on the grill while the girls did a leaf collection and the boys showered. The cheeseburgers were excellent, like always. Shawn does such a good job grilling. He keeps getting better and better...good thing I keep him in practice. I love grill nights (less work for me)! :)
     We decided to do a Family Slumber Party night. While the girls bathed, the boys helped their dad lug all the sleeping bags upstairs while I moved the furniture in the living room to make a sleeping area. Next, we decided to play Mario Brothers on the Wii as our entertainment, only to find that our Wii game system that Shawn's dad got us for Christmas this past year is shot. Burned up, I guess. What a bummer. Shawn thinks that it was fried in the storm we had a couple of nights ago when the power cut out. I don't know. I DO know, that we definitely did not get our moneys worth out of it! I think we have only played it, MAYBE 20 times in the entire year that we have owned it. Granted it was played around 7 hours each of those times, but we LOVE that thing!!! We sent in the registration card for it, so hopefully we can get a replacement without any hassle. What's next?? Our DVD player in the Suburban is shot. Half of the screen doesn't work. We purchased that system for over $300 not even two years ago! Just so frustrating that "shit" costs so damn much money. We should have gotten at least 10 years out of both of those items. Shawn has a Nintendo 64 gaming system downstairs that he has had for longer than that, and it works just fine. We are all very disappointed. Especially Garrett. He was really looking forward to playing the Wii with his dad.
     So, all the children settled on watching a movie instead...wasn't much of an alternative. Monster House was the pick of the night. It ended about 45 minutes ago and the kids nestled in their sleeping bags. I am currently surrounded by the sounds of little snores in the darkness around me. Looks like I can finally get some shut eye myself (I sent Shawn to bed about an hour and a half ago. The kids were complaining that they couldn't hear the movie with his snoring...the common question among them was, "Mom, how do you sleep at night with all of that snoring!" Sometimes, I don't!). So, we'll see what tomorrow brings.

No comments: