The *STARS* of our show:

Shawn & Kelly

* Larynn * Logan * Brooklyn *


Friday, September 3, 2010

What a LONG week!

Well, Monday found me waking up to a messy house from the weekend. Weekends are so chaotic I cannot keep up. I had five people messing, and only one person cleaning. I think it is about time for this burned out momma to declare a family meeting and demand some assistance. I spent all that day cleaning, Monday and Tuesday, when my attention wasn't being demanded from a brown haired, brown eyed baby girl. We watched the Wizard of Oz, her new favorite movie, twice. Followed by The Fox and the Hound, Disney cartoon. She loves her puppies!
     The kids were excited to head back to school, to see their friends of course. Larynn got an A+ on her Spelling test. I let her put an extra sticker on her board for a job well done. All of her classmates loved her purple colored hair. She was pretty happy about that. Logan is doing extremely well with reading. He has been a Bonus Speller two weeks in a row now. He spells all of his spelling words correctly, as well as the Bonus word, hence being deemed a Bonus Speller.
     Shawn has been busy at work getting ready for inventory. I think he has a performance review coming up pretty soon. He is frantically ridding the shop of unused stock beforehand. I guess each item their warehouse has on hand is given a dollar value. All values are then calculated and expected to remain at a certain price point. He said they have shipped out plenty of parts to other warehouses, and the rest they just throw away to recycle! We are talking $300+ valued parts. Nuts.
     Wednesday, the kids finally had their first full day of school. They have been on early release the first three weeks of classes. I went to the YMCA (for the first time since just before our Kansas trip three weeks ago) and did Zumba while Brookie played in the childcare center. Afterward, I hit the wellness center and pumped out over two miles on the machines. Then it was off to the shop to deliver Shawn's lunch. He was swamped in conference calls. I hit the tanning salon, returned movie rentals and Brooklyn and I headed across town to shop at Salvation Army. We enjoyed a little lunch together at Taco Bell before picking up the kids after school for Larynn's eye appointment. Her eyes are perfect, so she need not return for two years. Great news, seeing as how I was already in glasses by 4th grade. She's in 5th, so we may be safe!
     Thursday, Brooklyn and I did some much needed dusting. I plugged my iPod into our sound bar and danced around the house doing Zumba routines. It was absolutely hilarious watching Brooklyn imitate my every move! I went to Zumba after Shawn came home from work.
     Today, Friday, Brooklyn decided to wake us up at 4:30 this morning. She laid in bed with Shawn and I for a mere 10 minutes and Shawn shuffled her off to her bed to listen to her scream at the top of her lungs. Finally, after 10 minutes of screeching at the top of her lungs, I realized this would go on FOREVER if I let it. I brought her back into bed with me and Shawn headed off to work, leaving the little wiggle monster with me. I tried to get back to sleep. Tried. She wasn't having any of that. Toss, turn, talk, grunt, poke me, kiss me, lay on me...anything she could do to avoid sleeping, she did. It was pitch black, only 5:30 am. How could this little girl NOT be tired! The last two nights I had been up until nearly 1:00 am. Couldn't sleep as I couldn't get comfortable from every muscle in my body throbbing from all the exercising. 15 minutes before my alarm went off at 6:00 am, that little turkey fell asleep. After dragging my ass out of bed and showering, I got the kids ready for school and whipped up some Strawberry Shortcake to take to my mom2mom group. After group, I got Brooklyn from the nursery and her face was covered in snot and she was sneezing like crazy. So it begins. She was in good spirits, but is definitely at the beginning stages of a full blown cold.
     Brooklyn and I found some great deals at Goodwill. Can't wait until I can get some of this stuff listed on eBay and get it out of my way. Have to wait another month though as winter stuff is not in high demand yet. I want to make the most money possible so I need to play the cards right.
     After shopping, we headed home for her much needed  nap. She munched on some bologna and string cheese before I put her down. She only slept for an hour and was grumpy as hell for most of the evening. Shawn came home from work and took Larynn and Logan with him to the Quad Cities to pick up Garrett and McKayla so Brooklyn and I hung out and watched some tv as I am beginning to feel crappy myself.
     Garrett and McKayla are enjoying school. McKayla has her first loose tooth! Directly in the front. Maybe we will get it out before they go back home Monday evening! She is so excited!

No comments: