The *STARS* of our show:

Shawn & Kelly

* Larynn * Logan * Brooklyn *


Thursday, November 3, 2011

Final Countdown...

The last month has been eventful! Brookie B celebrated her 3rd birthday! So hard to believe that she is 3 already. Time flies when you're having fun! Shawn rode the train home for her birthday. When he picked up up, she hugged him so tight and said, "Daddy, I miss you, I'm gonna cry." She made that grown man cry, himself. He loves that little girl more than any man has ever loved his daughter. The bond they share is sweet. We took her to the festivities at the orchard, bought our pumpkins and some yummy apple cider, cider donuts and pumpkin butter then had dinner at TGI-Fridays. We also went car shopping. As soon as our new home loan is completed we are trading the Suburban. I have a couple of other vehicles in mind, but a test drive will help in deciding. I'll focus more on a vehicle after some of this other stuff is done.

Man, I will certainly be glad when life can calm down a bit. We are showing our house at least once a week. That means spic and span is a daily must. I feel like a guest in my home. I can't even leave my socks next to my recliner! Well, really I could but refuse to. Anyone who knows me knows that my house is always tidy but I have developed a cleaning schedule to be sure everything is top notch, day in and day out. I plan to use this system in our new house as well. It has definitely made life easier, not to mention more enjoyable. I love coming home to a spotless house and love giving back to Shawn in that way, honoring him for his hard work for our family.

As far as buying, we did not purchase our so called "dream home" that we had originally chosen. We decided to buy closer to Shawn's work so he didn't have so far to drive. In the Tongie house he would drive 45 minutes one way. So, we chose to look closer to Topeka. After 6 weeks of hard at it house hunting, we finally found "the one!" Today, we are officially the owners of two mortgages!

The house is an hour from family and friends but we will make the drive together rather than apart. Plus, we will be on 3 acres so the kids will have room to roam (and lots of it). The backyard is a fenced in acre so I can kick them out the door with no worries; along with the dog. :)

No comments: